Luxury SUVs, powerful cars of impressive appearance, who gets them and why? Usually these are wealthy people seeking to emphasize their prestige with a powerful car, or avid travelers who are ready to give any money for a truly powerful car. But ordinary SUVs cannot match the power of luxury ones. And although the Paris-Dakkar rally was canceled this year, there are many places on our planet where such cars can show themselves in all their glory. That is why we have compiled the Top 10 Best Luxury SUVs of 2007.
1. Porsche Cayenne Turbo S with a V8 biturbo engine, reaching an astronomical figure of 520 horsepower. The PDCC roll suppression system and aggressive look make this car not only the most powerful, but also the most impressive on the SUV market, which means that it suits several categories of buyers at once - both those who like to show off an impressive car, and those who appreciate the first turn is exactly the technical characteristics.
2. Range Rover Sport takes an honorable second place. Apparently, due to its maneuverability, compactness and ease of management. Although the power of this car is significantly inferior to the previous one, only 390 hp, it is quoted with it at the same level, since it is of interest to a slightly different category of motorists. For example, those who want not only to show off a powerful car, but also to show all its power on city streets. For serious tracks, it is better to choose a different model.
3. BMW X5 4.8is closes the top three. The car, which, it seems, is destined to soon leave the lists of the best-selling cars, since it is being replaced by the BMW X6, which we have already written about. But in 2007 this car has not lost its prestige. Although there are only 360 horses in it and the control is as close as possible to a sports car. So, although all three leaders can be attributed to sports SUVs, the latter can be called even more a sports car than an SUV.
4. Mercedes ML500. In principle, the popularity of this car is a little surprising - at first glance there is nothing special in it, and the power of 306 horses leaves no prospects at all, but, nevertheless, in the past year it attracted the attention of many buyers. Perhaps thanks to the 7-speed gearbox, the PRE-SAFE safety system and the 4-ETS traction control - the developments of Mercedes, which are also used on its other models. So it looks like a car for those who put safety first.
5. Volkswagen Touareg W12 Sport. In principle, it would probably even be worthwhile to swap places with number 4, but, nevertheless, he lost a little to him. But the car has 450 horses and it will develop great speed. But the cross-country ability is not what the leaders have and even the power does not save here, this car needs roads, but they are not everywhere and not every buyer will give a lot of money for an SUV with low cross-country ability.
6. Volvo XC90 V8 AWD is another SUV that is inferior to the above-mentioned ones both in price and in those. performance and, despite 315 hp, it barely reaches a real luxury SUV. Rather, this car is closer to the SUV, so its low position in the top is not surprising.
7. Honda CR-V is an SUV that sells well in America, however, our cars, closing the top, starting with this one, are not as popular as in the states. Although this is not surprising, they have already begun to give preference to so-called SUVs such as this one. Lightweight, small, manoeuvrable, with only 130 hp. - it is difficult to call it an SUV either. With our roads, we are not yet mature enough to appreciate the SUVs built for city streets.
eight. Toyota RAV4 is another completely mini-version of an SUV for city streets. Such a peculiar option for girls. Although compactness and graceful forms are the highlight of this car, as if it were not, then an SUV with a capacity of 110 hp. I would hardly have been able to enter the top of the best cars not only for 2007, but also for a couple of previous ones.
9. Well, there are a couple of Fords at the bottom of our rating, and one of them is the Ford Escape. The smallest SUV of the Ford family, although it bypasses even the previous Japanese in power, 200 horsepower is very good for this car, and the V6 engine also speaks for itself. Such a versatile option in terms of power is already with a claim to SUVs, and in size, like its little brothers, SUVs.
10. In last place is the Ford Explorer. Why is he the last one? Because it does not reach the capacities of the leaders, it does not differ in compactness and does not carry any supernova developments in itself. So, just a good expensive luxury car.
By Irina Raninen in The Good Life.