Even the most beautiful and stylish interior, in the design of which a lot of effort has been invested, gets bored over time. If you want updates, but you have no desire, no energy, no money to run to the store for new wallpaper or furniture, arm yourself with a brush, a can of paint and your imagination. Sometimes it is enough just to repaint a few things to make the apartment look new. And Novate.ru will be able to prove it.
More precisely, not the entire cabinet, but only its back wall. Many people will have a question: why paint this part of the headset if it is hidden from prying eyes? The fact is that the wall also affects the perception of one's own home and even mood. Imagine that you go into the kitchen, open a cupboard with dishes, and inside there is not a standard white wall, but, for example, green or blue. You immediately have a smile on your face, because your heart rejoices in pleasant changes. And if the cabinet doors are glass, the bright wall will attract attention even when the headset is closed.
2. Kitchen fronts
As practice shows, we spend the most time in the kitchen, so the interior of this room gets boring faster than others. A new set is not cheap, so the best option would be to work with existing furniture. The easiest option is to repaint it in a different color. The main thing is to follow a few rules:
• Before starting painting, go over the smooth surface with sandpaper. Thanks to this, the facades will become slightly rough and the adhesion to the primer will be much better;
• you should use a primer with high adhesion (determines the level of adhesion of surfaces of dissimilar bodies, both liquid and solid);
• for the paint to be applied evenly, for the first layer dilute it with water to form the consistency of liquid kefir. The manufacturer usually indicates the exact proportions on the can, so you can't go wrong with the amount of water. As for the subsequent layers, they do not need to be diluted;
• instead of a brush, arm yourself with a roller - it is more convenient for them to paint the set. For hard-to-reach areas, use a sponge;
• You can get the most even coating if, after each layer has dried, you pass over the surface with sandpaper, and then wipe the facades from the dust that has formed;
• painted facades should be covered with two or three layers of varnish. Applying this product will make the coating stronger, more durable and easier to maintain.
3. Chest of drawers
How about repainting the dresser? You can choose a neutral color so that it does not stand out from the overall picture, or you can give preference to a bright or contrasting shade that attracts attention. In any case, you only need brushes, paint and creative. In a few hours, the furniture will change beyond recognition, and you will become the owner of a new piece of furniture.
On a note: To make the dresser look more original, paint the doors in different colors. It is good if their shade matches the textiles or decor. If not, just pick a shade that matches your interior.
4. Interior or entrance doors
In the question of the aesthetic appearance of an apartment, not only furniture or decoration plays a role, but also doors. No matter how attractive the color of wenge or sonoma oak may initially seem, it still becomes boring over time and causes only sighs of regret. Find inspiration and let your imagination run wild. Pick up a brush, paint in a suitable shade and transform your doors. If you don't want to change everything drastically, paint only the butt end. And also, the following option will look very original: paint the frames and the outer side of the door in the color of the wall, and the inner one in a contrasting shade that will be combined with the decor of the room.
Unexpected, but true. The bathtub can also be modernized with your own hands, without the help of professionals. This option will be ideal if it has lost its aesthetic appearance, but there is no financial means to buy a new one. Ready? Then listen to the following recommendations:
• choose paint, taking into account the material from which the bath is made;
• give preference to the option that is intended for use in rooms with high humidity - it can protect the bath from rust and fungus;
• to make the painting process simple, quick and convenient, use a roller. Another plus of the tool is that the coating will be more uniform;
• at the final stage, cover the bathtub with a moisture-resistant varnish - this will give it strength and greatly simplify the cleaning procedure.
6. Window frames
Since window frames occupy an impressive area in the room, their condition and appearance cannot be ignored. They are very important in the overall perception of the room, so if you want to change something in the interior, just repaint the window frames in a new color. You can also change the shade of the handles or curtain rods, there is an option of staining from the inside or outside. In general, there are many options, you decide.
7. Heating radiators
Repaint batteries? And why not, especially considering the fact that an unusual heating radiator can become a real highlight of the interior and a bright accent. Before you start transforming it, check out the important nuances:
• it is necessary to paint the battery during the period when the heating is turned off, because it must be cold;
• before starting the procedure, clean the radiator surface from dust, dirt, rust and other contaminants;
• select the paint option that suits your type of radiator. Please note that it must be heat resistant;
• for work, use a brush with a curved head and a long handle, since it is easiest to paint over complex areas with such a tool;
• first paint the battery on the back and inside, and then proceed to the front;
• if during the process bulky drops and smudges have formed on the radiator, remove them with sandpaper, and only then proceed to applying a new layer;
• if you do not dry wet things on the battery and the room does not have a high level of humidity, you can safely do without the final varnish coating. Otherwise, it is better to purchase a heat-resistant copy.
Typically, walls are painted in a neutral shade to serve as a backdrop for brightly colored furniture, textiles, or decorative items. If you have the same case, but you want variety, try to add it with paint. Select one wall to be accentuated and proceed with the upgrade. You can use scotch tape and create an original geometric pattern consisting of shapes of different colors. Or simply add a variety of objects and accessories to the painted surface: old records, a collection of plates, paintings, musical instruments or even a bicycle.
9. Wall shelves
If the apartment has shelves on which you store vases, photographs, indoor flowers, then you can paint them, not the wall. Choose one or more colors that suit your interior and start creating. Perhaps it is the updated shelves that will be able to bring the zest of which you have dreamed of, to the atmosphere.
After minor repairs, you may need information from the article How to wash your hands from the unpleasant smell of fish, resin, paint and 5 more corrosive things