Every modern woman's dressing room has the most sought-after and comfortable item that we love dearly - of course, I mean jeans! We wear our favorite jeans in everyday life (when we don’t want to think over the image, when the main convenience) or we wear them to events (with heels and a blouse). There are always many reasons to wear jeans.
In today's article I will tell you: How to choose the right jeans.
There is one really cool way to find your jeans: set a goal and go to the mall to try on jeans only. Your task is to try on different models and different brands. Your perfect pair is sure to be found in the variety of jeans models.
Before buying, I recommend that you be sure to pay attention to the following factors:
1. The size … I consider this point the most important. When buying, jeans should fit tightly on you, because after the first wear they will stretch. I do not recommend taking the product one size smaller, because jeans are such a thing that if they are too small, it will be immediately visible. I also do not advise you to choose jeans 2 sizes larger than yours, they will make you fat.
2. Material … This is also a very important factor. Remember that denim should be dense, the ideal composition is from 80% cotton. Thin stretch jeans look worse, cheap and won't last long. Elastane should be in the composition, but only a few percent.
3. Landing … If you are the owner of rounded shapes, then I advise you to choose a higher fit. Also jeans with a high rise visually make your legs longer, use this rule and you will be irresistible.
Jeans with a mid-rise are suitable for almost everyone, especially those with a "sporty" waist should be preferred.
Everyone, without exception, should beware of a low fit, in such jeans, the legs will look shorter, and when bending down, you will have to worry that strangers will see your underwear. Fortunately, nowadays, an extremely low fit is not relevant.
Some jeans manufacturers produce models in which the back is slightly higher than the front, if you come across such jeans while shopping, be sure to try it on!
4. Colour … This option can be used for additional body shaping. If you want to look slimmer, then give preference to dark jeans (this stylistic technique is called distance). And if you need to add volume, then light shades or horizontal scuffs will help here (approximation technique).
In general, jeans can be any color: from classic navy and light blue, to the most unexpected colors. The main thing is that the color of your new jeans matches the rest of the colors in your wardrobe.
Actual basic colors are white, beige, delicate pastels, khaki, black and gray. Jeans of these colors will always be easy for you to combine with any colored top.
5. Styles … The most relevant and versatile styles in 2021:
• Bootcut jeans (slightly flared from the knees to the bottom)
• Flared jeans (70s flared jeans)
• Skinny jeans (from the English "skinny" - tight jeans, emphasizing every curve)
• Mom jeans ("mom's" jeans with a high waist)
• Boyfriend jeans (looks like you put on your boyfriend's jeans)
• Straight leg jeans (straight classic jeans)
And now, I would like to give recommendations on which jeans to choose for those who have a problem with being overweight:
• If you are a plus size girl, I recommend that you consider buying mom jeans. This style will accentuate the waist (after all, this is how it was worn in the 80s) and will make it visually slimmer.
• Straight classic jeans will be a very good style for curvy girls. With their help, you will create a waist, adjust wide hips and lower legs, and visually hide the tummy:
• The next universal model, which will be an excellent find in the wardrobe of plus size owners, is flared jeans … These jeans will visually lengthen your legs. They can also be used in boho looks:
• If you want to hide excess volume in the hips, I recommend trying on jeans bootcut … Due to the small flare, they align the leg, balance the hips and legs. Choose bootkat jeans with caution if your figure is a feature of narrow shoulders (in this case, you need to add volume on top by wearing a jacket or oversized sweater:
• If you have not only chic shapes, but also high growth, then the style boyfriend jeans can be safely added to your wardrobe. If you are short, then I recommend combining jeans with heels:
So, let's draw conclusions regarding the requirements for jeans: There are a lot of jeans, but only a few are suitable for you. Therefore, do not give up, try on many options for a wide variety of jeans and then you will definitely find your perfect pair.
Remember, jeans should be comfortable, highlight your advantages and hide flaws, be in size and of course, you just have to like them!
The assortment of jeans is huge, but the requirements for them must be high. Wish you a happy shopping!
Author: stylist-image maker Valentina Samoylenko.
All images are from Pinterest.