The very liquid that we drain after cooking rice is rice water. Many people do not know about its beneficial properties, but in China and Japan it is one of the most popular beauty products. Also, rice water can cleanse the body and help with diarrhea. How to use it correctly? Novate.ru will tell you about 5 life hacks.
1. Skin toner
Rice water tightens the face, tightens pores, nourishes and moisturizes the dermis, and promotes its regeneration. It can be used to make a toner that is suitable for all skin types.
How to cook:
1. Pour a glass of rice with a liter of water and leave to infuse for an hour. During this time, the liquid is saturated with useful substances.
2. Mash the soaked rice in a mortar until a mushy consistency is formed and soak in water for 10 minutes.
3. Strain and drain the water into a glass container. Store it in the refrigerator for no more than five days.
4. With rice water, you can wash your face or wipe your face with cotton pads twice a day.
So that the rice gruel does not disappear after preparing the tonic, make a face and body scrub out of it. Add 1 tsp to the mixture. vegetable oil (preferably olive) and a couple of drops of lemon juice. You will have the lightest scrub that gently exfoliates the skin. Use it all over your body, wait 20 minutes and wash off with warm water. Even one application per week will give good results and visibly cleanse the skin.
3. Cleansing the body
Rice water is an excellent sorbent because it contains a lot of starch. And starch relieves the body of toxins, removes toxins, harmful substances and improves digestion. Important: this life hack is not suitable for diabetics (only brown rice is allowed) and people who have problems with the pancreas.
How to cook:
1. Pour seven cups of water over one cup of brown rice and cook over low heat for 30 minutes. Strain the gruel and wait until it cools.
2. Drink a glass of broth once a day instead of one meal. If desired, the water can be salted. If you don't have enough food, make a vegetable soup with rice liquid.
4. Hair rinse
Rice water strengthens hair, makes it lush and healthy. Asians prefer to use fermented liquid. To do this, pour the rice water into a glass container and wait two days for the fermentation process to begin. First rinse your hair with liquid and then rinse with warm water. Use the rice liquid twice a week to keep the curls silky and stop falling out.
5. Remedy for diarrhea
If there is a hurricane in your stomach, use a simple grandmother's life hack. We need: 100 g of rice flour and 1 liter of water. Pour 250 ml of liquid over the whole flour and stir. Bring the remaining water to a boil and slowly add the resulting mixture while stirring the liquid. Boil for another 5 minutes. Wait for the mixture to cool and use it to relieve diarrhea. The trick is suitable for both adults and children from 6 months old.
We also recommend reading about 5 Reasons Why You Should Eat Onions Every Day